6 images of Mid Century Modern Danish Style Lounge Chair - 50s - 60s Mad Men. $495.00, (attractive Danish Chairs #6)
Midmid1 (mid),USA pronunciation adj.
- being at or near the middle point of: in mid autumn.
- being or occupying a middle place or position: in the mid nineties of the last century.
- (of a vowel) articulated with an opening above the tongue relatively intermediate between those for high and low: the vowels of beet, bet, and hot are respectively high, mid, and low. Cf. high (def. 23), low (def. 30).
- [Archaic.]the middle.
Centurycen•tu•ry (sen′chə rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ries.
- a period of 100 years.
- one of the successive periods of 100 years reckoned forward or backward from a recognized chronological epoch, esp. from the assumed date of the birth of Jesus.
- any group or collection of 100: a century of limericks.
- (in the ancient Roman army) a company, consisting of approximately 100 men.
- one of the voting divisions of the ancient Roman people, each division having one vote.
- (cap.) a style of type.
- a hundred-dollar bill;
- a race of 100 yards or meters, as in track or swimming, or of 100 miles, as in bicycle racing.
- [Cricket.]a score of at least 100 runs made by one batsman in a single inning.
Modernmod•ern (mod′ərn),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to present and recent time;
not ancient or remote: modern city life.
- characteristic of present and recent time;
not antiquated or obsolete: modern viewpoints.
- of or pertaining to the historical period following the Middle Ages: modern European history.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of contemporary styles of art, literature, music, etc., that reject traditionally accepted or sanctioned forms and emphasize individual experimentation and sensibility.
- (cap.) new (def. 12).
- [Typography.]noting or descriptive of a font of numerals in which the body aligns on the baseline, as 1234567890. Cf. old style (def. 3).
- a person of modern times.
- a person whose views and tastes are modern.
- [Print.]a type style differentiated from old style by heavy vertical strokes and straight serifs.
DanishDan•ish (dā′nish),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to the Danes, their country, or their language.
- a North Germanic language, the language of Denmark, closely related to Norwegian, Swedish, and Icelandic. Abbr.: Dan., Dan
- (sometimes l.c.) See Danish pastry.
Stylestyle (stīl),USA pronunciation n., v. styled, styl•ing.
- a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
- a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
- an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
- a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion;
- the mode of expressing thought in writing or speaking by selecting and arranging words, considered with respect to clearness, effectiveness, euphony, or the like, that is characteristic of a group, period, person, personality, etc.: to write in the style of Faulkner; a familiar style; a pompous, pedantic style.
- those components or features of a literary composition that have to do with the form of expression rather than the content of the thought expressed: His writing is all style and no substance.
- manner or tone adopted in discourse or conversation: a patronizing style of addressing others.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode or form of construction or execution in any art or work: Her painting is beginning to show a personal style.
- a descriptive or distinguishing appellation, esp. a legal, official, or recognized title: a firm trading under the style of Smith, Jones, & Co.
- stylus (defs. 1, 2).
- the gnomon of a sundial.
- a method of reckoning time. Cf. New Style, old style (def. 2).
- a small, pointed process or part.
- a narrow, usually cylindrical and more or less filiform extension of the pistil, which, when present, bears the stigma at its apex. See diag. under flower.
- the rules or customs of typography, punctuation, spelling, and related matters used by a newspaper, magazine, publishing house, etc., or in a specific publication.
- go out of style, to become unfashionable: The jacket he's wearing went out of style ten years ago.
- in style, fashionable.
- to call by a given title or appellation;
call: The pope is styled His or Your Holiness.
- to design or arrange in accordance with a given or new style: to style an evening dress; to style one's hair.
- to bring into conformity with a specific style or give a specific style to: Please style this manuscript.
- to do decorative work with a style or stylus.
Loungelounge (lounj),USA pronunciation v., lounged, loung•ing, n.
- to pass time idly and indolently.
- to rest or recline indolently;
loll: We lounged in the sun all afternoon.
- to go or move in a leisurely, indolent manner;
saunter (usually fol. by around, along, off, etc.).
- to pass (time) in lounging (usually fol. by away or out): to lounge away the afternoon.
- a sofa for reclining, sometimes backless, having a headrest at one end.
- a place for sitting, waiting, smoking, etc., esp. a large public room, as in a hotel, theater, or air terminal, often with adjoining washrooms.
- a section on a train, plane, or ship having various club or social facilities.
- a cocktail lounge.
- [Archaic.]the act or a period of lounging.
- [Archaic.]a lounging gait.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Howdy there, this picture is about Mid Century Modern Danish Style Lounge Chair - 50s - 60s Mad Men. $495.00, (attractive Danish Chairs #6). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 633 x 719. It's file size is only 69 KB. Wether You desired to save This attachment to Your computer, you can Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at here: Danish Chairs.
Are you having trouble identifying which lights will soon be chosen for the Danish Chairs the very best light style for-you? Since we shall give you four incredible tips about how-to choose the great illumination to your room effectively, nowadays is the lucky evening! Plan lights are a must in almost any bedroom.
The thing that is main is always to choose the answer that best matches your preferences whether beauty or their area is associated. It is important why the precise light is placed not there and below to determine.
Nonetheless, it is sometimes not enough, and that means you should consider it to think about exactly how many evidently educated areas you need to have within your bedroom. You'll be able to go along with diverse methods and opt for possibly or somewhat wall sconce a lamp as your bedroom light.