Highhigh (hī),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, n.
- having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically;
tall: a high wall.
- having a specified extent upward: The apple tree is now 20 feet high.
- situated above the ground or some base;
elevated: a high platform; a high ledge.
- exceeding the common degree or measure;
intense: high speed; high color.
dear: The price of food these days is much too high.
- exalted in rank, station, eminence, etc.;
of exalted character or quality: a high official; high society.
- acute in pitch.
- a little sharp, or above the desired pitch.
- produced by relatively rapid vibrations;
shrill: the high sounds of crickets.
- extending to or from an elevation: a high dive.
- great in quantity, as number, degree, or force: a high temperature; high cholesterol.
main: the high altar of a church.
- High Church.
- of great consequence;
the high consequences of such a deed;
arrogant: He took a high tone with his subordinates.
- advanced to the utmost extent or to the culmination: high tide.
merry or hilarious: high spirits; a high old time.
luxurious: They have indulged in high living for years.
- intoxicated with alcohol or narcotics: He was so high he couldn't stand up.
- remote: high latitude; high antiquity.
- extreme in opinion or doctrine, esp. religious or political: a high Tory.
- designating or pertaining to highland or inland regions.
- having considerable energy or potential power.
- of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which the speed of the engine crankshaft and of the drive shaft most closely correspond: high gear.
- (of a vowel) articulated with the upper surface of the tongue relatively close to some portion of the palate, as the vowels of eat and it, which are high front, and those of boot and put, which are high back. Cf. close (def. 58), low 1 (def. 30).
- (of meat, esp. game) tending toward a desirable or undesirable amount of decomposition;
slightly tainted: He likes his venison high.
- containing a relatively large amount of a specified constituent (usually used in combination): high-carbon steel.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) crossing the plate at a level above the batter's shoulders: The pitch was high and outside.
- having greater value than other denominations or suits.
- able to take a trick;
being a winning card.
- being or having a winning combination: Whose hand is high?
- noting a wind of force 10 on the Beaufort scale, equal to a whole gale.
- high on, enthusiastic or optimistic about;
having a favorable attitude toward or opinion of.
- at or to a high point, place, or level.
- in or to a high rank or estimate: He aims high in his political ambitions.
- at or to a high amount or price.
- in or to a high degree.
extravagantly: They have always lived high.
- as close to the wind as is possible while making headway with sails full.
- fly high, to be full of hope or elation: His stories began to sell, and he was flying high.
- high and dry:
- (of a ship) grounded so as to be entirely above water at low tide.
- in a deprived or distressing situation;
stranded: We missed the last bus and were left high and dry.
- high and low, in every possible place;
everywhere: The missing jewelry was never found, though we searched high and low for it.
- high gear: He shifted into high when the road became level.
- See high school.
- a pressure system characterized by relatively high pressure at its center. Cf. anticyclone, low1 (def. 48).
- a high or the highest point, place, or level;
peak: a record high for unemployment.
- a euphoric state induced by alcohol, drugs, etc.
- a period of sustained excitement, exhilaration, or the like: After winning the lottery he was on a high for weeks.
- [Cards.]the ace or highest trump out, esp. in games of the all fours family.
- on high:
- at or to a height;
- in heaven.
- having a high position, as one who makes important decisions: the powers on high.
Countrycoun•try (kun′trē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -tries, adj.
- a state or nation: What European countries have you visited?
- the territory of a nation.
- the people of a district, state, or nation: The whole country backed the president in his decision.
- the land of one's birth or citizenship.
- rural districts, including farmland, parkland, and other sparsely populated areas, as opposed to cities or towns: Many city dwellers like to spend their vacations in the country.
- any considerable territory demarcated by topographical conditions, by a distinctive population, etc.: mountainous country; the Amish country of Pennsylvania.
- a tract of land considered apart from any geographical or political limits;
- the public.
- the public at large, as represented by a jury.
- See country music.
- go to the country, [Brit.]to dissolve a Parliament that has cast a majority vote disagreeing with the prime minister and cabinet and to call for the election of a new House of Commons. Also, appeal to the country.
- put oneself upon the or one's country, [Law.]to present one's cause formally before a jury.
- of, from, or characteristic of the country;
rural: a winding country road.
- of, pertaining to, or associated with country music: That Nashville station plays country records all day long.
rustic: country manners.
- of, from, or pertaining to a particular country.
- [Obs.]of one's own country.
Napoleonna•po•le•on (nə pō′lē ən, -pōl′yən),USA pronunciation n.
- a pastry consisting of thin layers of puff paste interlaid with a cream or custard filling.
- a former gold coin of France, equal to 20 francs and bearing a portrait either of Napoleon I or of Napoleon III.
- a game in which the players bid for the privilege of naming the trump, stating the number of tricks they propose to win.
- a bid in this game to take all five tricks of a hand.
Fireplacesfire•place (fīər′plās′),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of a chimney that opens into a room and in which fuel is burned;
- any open structure, usually of masonry, for keeping a fire, as at a campsite.
Howdy peoples, this image is about High Country Nz26 Napoleon Fireplaces (charming Corner Fireplaces Pictures #10). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1045 x 623. This image's file size is just 129 KB. If You desired to save This photo to Your PC, you might Click here. You might also see more attachments by clicking the image below or see more at this post: Corner Fireplaces Pictures.
High Country Nz26 Napoleon Fireplaces (charming Corner Fireplaces Pictures #10) in an area, it surely involves careful calculation and cautiously. Keeping furniture made at random can have a direct effect on the problem of the room that appeared congested and sloppy, therefore it is not able to create a gorgeous side of the area. As being a room is a dressing table one clear furniture is available in a personal room.
Dressers right location can jack up the beautiful side of one's personal rooms. It would be great if you measure the first spot which will be occupied by furniture desks, before purchasing a bureau. It is very important to prevent the dressing-table that meets land's portion obtainable in the room's purchase.
Inside Corner Fireplaces Pictures's feeling which you have to be ready to support all-the needs accessories assortment, for example perfumes, until the 'trappings' methods makeup supplies. Generally, extra lighting is required by desks. This can be circumvented by placing a wall lamp around the left and right side mirror or by the addition of a tiny bulb at round the mirror.
Be sure you choose a dressing table with optimum potential. Corner Fireplaces Pictures can be used for you personally who wish to change the looks of the constitute room.
Dressers dual functionality can be the appropriate decision in case your room includes a measurement that's not-too substantial. As an example, as a workplace or it is possible to pick a mirror dressing-table which could simultaneously function designed with lots of dresser drawers so they can be properly used like a repository for other knickknacks.
Chairs will be the right option to get a coupled with dressing-table, along with sensible as it can certainly be included beneath the beneath the cabinet, ottoman also gives light's perception.