Bestbest (best),USA pronunciation adj., [superl. of]good [with]better [as compar.]
- of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
- most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
most: the best part of a day.
adv., [superl. of]well [with]better [as compar.]
- most excellently or suitably;
with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
- in or to the highest degree;
most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.
- as best one can, in the best way possible under the circumstances: We tried to smooth over the disagreement as best we could.
- had best, would be wisest or most reasonable to;
ought to: You had best phone your mother to tell her where you are going.
- something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.
- a person's finest clothing: It's important that you wear your best.
- a person's most agreeable or desirable emotional state (often prec. by at).
- a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc. (often prec. by at).
- the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best.
- the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence.
- a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.
- all for the best, for the good as the final result;
to an ultimate advantage: At the time it was hard to realize how it could be all for the best.Also, for the best.
- at best, under the most favorable circumstances: You may expect to be treated civilly, at best.
- get or have the best of:
- to gain the advantage over.
- to defeat;
subdue: His arthritis gets the best of him from time to time.
- make the best of, to cope with in the best way possible: to make the best of a bad situation.
- with the best, on a par with the most capable: He can play bridge with the best.
- to get the better of;
beat: He easily bested his opponent in hand-to-hand combat. She bested me in the argument.
Canoeca•noe (kə no̅o̅′),USA pronunciation n., v., -noed, -noe•ing.
- any of various slender, open boats, tapering to a point at both ends, propelled by paddles or sometimes sails and traditionally formed of light framework covered with bark, skins, or canvas, or formed from a dug-out or burned-out log or logs, and now usually made of aluminum, fiberglass, etc.
- any of various small, primitive light boats.
- paddle one's own canoe, [Informal.]
- to handle one's own affairs;
- to mind one's own business.
- to paddle a canoe.
- to go in a canoe.
- to transport or carry by canoe.
Coffeecof•fee (kô′fē, kof′ē),USA pronunciation n.
- a beverage consisting of a decoction or infusion of the roasted ground or crushed seeds(cof′fee beans′) of the two-seeded fruit(cof′fee ber′ry) of certain coffee trees.
- the seeds or fruit themselves.
- any tropical tree or shrub of the genus Coffea, of the madder family, esp. C. arabica and C. canephora, cultivated commercially. Cf. Arabian coffee, robusta coffee.
- a cup of coffee: We ordered four coffees and three doughnuts.
- a social gathering at which coffee and other refreshments are served.
- medium to dark brown.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Standstand (stand),USA pronunciation v., stood, stand•ing, n., pl. stands for 43–63, stands, stand for 64.
- (of a person) to be in an upright position on the feet.
- to rise to one's feet (often fol. by up).
- to have a specified height when in this position: a basketball player who stands six feet seven inches.
- to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
- to take a position or place as indicated: to stand aside.
- to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
- to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like: to stand as sponsor for a person.
- to have or adopt a certain policy, course, or attitude, as of adherence, support, opposition, or resistance: He stands for free trade.
- (of things) to be in an upright or vertical position, be set on end, or rest on or as on a support.
- to be set, placed, fixed, located, or situated: The building stands at 34th Street and 5th Avenue.
- (of an account, score, etc.) to show, be, or remain as indicated;
show the specified position of the parties concerned: The score stood 18 to 14 at the half.
- to remain erect or whole;
resist change, decay, or destruction (often fol. by up): The ruins still stand. The old building stood up well.
- to continue in force or remain valid: The agreement stands as signed.
- to remain still, stationary, or unused: The bicycle stood in the basement all winter.
- to be or become stagnant, as water.
- (of persons or things) to be or remain in a specified state, condition, relation, relative position, etc.: He stood in jeopardy of losing his license.
- to have the possibility or likelihood: He stands to gain a sizable profit through the sale of the house.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to become or be a candidate, as for public office (usually fol. by for).
- to take or hold a particular course at sea.
- to move in a certain direction: to stand offshore.
- (of a male domestic animal, esp. a stud) to be available as a sire, usually for a fee: Three Derby winners are now standing in Kentucky.
- to cause to stand;
set: Stand the chair by the lamp.
- to face or encounter: to stand an assault.
- to undergo or submit to: to stand trial.
- to endure or undergo without harm or damage or without giving way: His eyes are strong enough to stand the glare.
- to endure or tolerate: She can't stand her father.
- to treat or pay for: I'll stand you to a drink when the manuscript is in.
- to perform the duty of or participate in as part of one's job or duty: to stand watch aboard ship.
- stand a chance or show, to have a chance or possibility, esp. of winning or surviving: He's a good shortstop but doesn't stand a chance of making the major leagues because he can't hit.
- stand by:
- to uphold;
support: She stood by him whenever he was in trouble.
- to adhere to (an agreement, promise, etc.);
affirm: She stood by her decision despite her sister's arguments.
- to stand ready;
wait: Please stand by while I fix this antenna.
- to get ready to speak, act, etc., as at the beginning of a radio or television program.
- to be ready to board a plane, train, or other transport if accommodations become available at the last minute.
- stand down:
- to leave the witness stand.
- to step aside;
withdraw, as from a competition: I agreed to stand down so that she could run for the nomination unopposed.
- to leave or take out of active work or service: to stand down some of the ships in the fleet.
- stand for:
- to represent;
symbolize: P.S. stands for "postscript.''
- to advocate;
favor: He stands for both freedom and justice.
- [Informal.]to tolerate;
allow: I won't stand for any nonsense!
- stand in with:
- to be in association or conspiracy with.
- to enjoy the favor of;
be on friendly terms with.
- stand off:
- to keep or stay at a distance.
- to put off;
- stand on:
- to depend on;
rest on: The case stands on his testimony.
- to be particular about;
demand: to stand on ceremony.
- [Naut.]to maintain a course and speed.
- stand out:
- to project;
protrude: The piers stand out from the harbor wall.
- to be conspicuous or prominent: She stands out in a crowd.
- to persist in opposition or resistance;
- [Naut.]to maintain a course away from shore.
- stand over:
- to supervise very closely;
watch constantly: He won't work unless someone stands over him.
- to put aside temporarily;
postpone: to let a project stand over until the following year.
- stand pat. See pat 2 (def. 6).
- stand to:
- to continue to hold;
persist in: to stand to one's statement.
- to keep at steadily: Stand to your rowing, men!
- to wait in readiness;
stand by: Stand to for action.
- stand to reason. See reason (def. 11).
- stand up:
- to come to or remain in a standing position: to stand up when being introduced.
- to remain strong, convincing, or durable: The case will never stand up in court. Wool stands up better than silk.
- [Slang.]to fail to keep an appointment with (someone, esp. a sweetheart or date): I waited for Kim for an hour before I realized I'd been stood up.
- stand up for:
- to defend the cause of;
support: No one could understand why he stood up for an incorrigible criminal.
- to serve a bridegroom or bride, as best man or maid (matron) of honor.
- stand up to, to meet or deal with fearlessly;
confront: to stand up to a bully.
- the act of standing;
an assuming of or a remaining in an upright position.
- a cessation of motion;
halt or stop.
- a determined effort for or against something, esp. a final defensive effort: Custer's last stand.
- a determined policy, position, attitude, etc., taken or maintained: We must take a stand on political issues.
- the place in which a person or thing stands;
- See witness stand.
- a raised platform, as for a speaker, a band, or the like.
- stands, a raised section of seats for spectators;
- a framework on or in which articles are placed for support, exhibition, etc.: a hat stand.
- a piece of furniture of various forms, on or in which to put articles (often used in combination): a nightstand; a washstand.
- a small, light table.
- a stall, booth, counter, or the like, where articles are displayed for sale or where some business is carried on: a fruit stand.
- newsstand: The papers usually hit the stands at 5 a.m.
- a site or location for business: After 20 years the ice-cream vendor was still at the same stand.
- a place or station occupied by vehicles available for hire: a taxicab stand.
- the vehicles occupying such a place.
- the growing trees, or those of a particular species or grade, in a given area.
- a standing growth, as of grass, wheat, etc.
- a halt of a theatrical company on tour, to give a performance or performances: a series of one-night stands on the strawhat trail.
- the town at which a touring theatrical company gives a performance.
- hive (def. 2).
- a rolling unit in a rolling mill.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a complete set of arms or accoutrements for one soldier.
- take the stand, to testify in a courtroom.
Hi folks, this picture is about Best Canoe Coffee Table With Stand ( Canoe Coffee Table Pictures Gallery #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 2514 x 1878. This post's file size is only 670 KB. If You desired to save This image to Your laptop, you can Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Canoe Coffee Table.
We would prefer to speak about some tips on timber floor colors, before speaking about Best Canoe Coffee Table With Stand ( Canoe Coffee Table Pictures Gallery #3). Dim and black hues really are a popular decision for painters' companies, modern decorations and fashionable. Polluted in the event you prefer a vintage search traditional brown color or organic wood that will be excellent. Color detail and bold (numerous shades-of crimson: oak and ash Jatoba or tainted in the same colour) that's ideal for industrial rooms, offices along with other significant spots where the floor becomes a main section of the decoration.
Whilst the Canoe Coffee Table images and digital space manager may give a general idea of exactly what the ultimate outcome might be, there isn't any greater strategy to determine the color of the ground in place of looking at the test area in natural light.
Warm platinum, brown could make your area comfortable. White and flooring that is dreary will make your room huge. If the ability to conceal scratches and a tiny dent really are a must go for normal tinted wood floor in matt finish. Understand that the hues must match contrast and each other. A floor can't have similar shades as furniture and walls.