the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Brinkmanbrink•man (bringk′mən),USA pronunciation n., pl. -men.
- a person who is skilled in or practices brinkmanship. Also, brinks′man.
a prefix meaning "not,'' freely used as an English formative, usually with a simple negative force as implying mere negation or absence of something (rather than the opposite or reverse of it, as often expressed by un- 1): nonadherence; nonpayment; nonprofessional.
Ribrib1 (rib),USA pronunciation n., v., ribbed, rib•bing.
- one of a series of curved bones that are articulated with the vertebrae and occur in pairs, 12 in humans, on each side of the vertebrate body, certain pairs being connected with the sternum and forming the thoracic wall. See diag. under skeleton.
- a cut of meat, as beef, containing a rib. See diag. under beef.
- ribs, spareribs (def. 2).
- any of several archlike members of a vault supporting it at the groins, defining its distinct surfaces, or dividing these surfaces into panels: including ogives and tiercerons.
- any of several molded members or moldings, including ridge ribs and liernes, on the surface of a vault accenting the ridges or dividing the surface into panels.
- something resembling a rib in form, position, or use, as a supporting or strengthening part.
- a structural member that supports the shape of something: an umbrella rib.
- any of the curved framing members in a ship's hull that rise upward and outward from the keel;
- a stiffening beam cast as part of a concrete slab.
- a primary vein of a leaf.
- a vertical ridge in cloth, esp. in knitted fabrics.
- a ridge, as in poplin or rep, caused by heavy yarn.
- a wife (in humorous allusion to the creation of Eve. Gen. 2:21–22).
- a scraper for smoothing clay being thrown on a potter's wheel.
- a metal ridge running along the top of the barrel of a firearm to simplify aligning the sights.
- a longitudinal strip of metal joining the barrels of a double-barreled gun.
- to furnish or strengthen with ribs.
- to enclose as with ribs.
- to mark with riblike ridges or markings.
Rackrack1 (rak),USA pronunciation n.
- a framework of bars, wires, or pegs on which articles are arranged or deposited: a clothes rack; a luggage rack.
- a fixture containing several tiered shelves, often affixed to a wall: a book rack; a spice rack.
- a spreading framework set on a wagon for carrying hay, straw, or the like, in large loads.
- a wooden frame of triangular shape within which the balls are arranged before play.
- the balls so arranged: He took aim at the rack.
- a bar, with teeth on one of its sides, adapted to engage with the teeth of a pinion(rack and pinion) or the like, as for converting circular into rectilinear motion or vice versa.
- a bar having a series of notches engaging with a pawl or the like.
- a former instrument of torture consisting of a framework on which a victim was tied, often spread-eagled, by the wrists and ankles, to be slowly stretched by spreading the parts of the framework.
- a cause or state of intense suffering of body or mind.
- violent strain.
- a pair of antlers.
- [Slang.]a bed, cot, or bunk: I spent all afternoon in the rack.
- to torture;
torment: His body was racked with pain.
- to strain in mental effort: to rack one's brains.
- to strain by physical force or violence.
- to strain beyond what is normal or usual.
- to stretch the body of (a person) in torture by means of a rack.
- to seize (two ropes) together side by side.
- rack out, [Slang.]to go to bed;
go to sleep: I racked out all afternoon.
- rack up:
- [Pool.]to put (the balls) in a rack.
- [Informal.]to tally, accumulate, or amass as an achievement or score: The corporation racked up the greatest profits in its history.
Hello peoples, this attachment is about 1 X Brinkman Non Stick Rib Rack ( Brinkman Rib Rack #7). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1280 x 720. This image's file size is only 45 KB. Wether You desired to save This picture to Your laptop, you could Click here. You may too download more images by clicking the following image or read more at here: Brinkman Rib Rack.
Among the most significant items in the Brinkman Rib Rack, specifically the current kitchen is initiated light lights that were correct. Its function, in addition to assisting the illumination, the light also can improve the elegant look of your kitchen. Lights are well suited because it will make stunning, for the modern kitchen area is not light and light to average light, but in addition do not ensure it is also shiny.
Inside the modern kitchen needs to have two ideas of lighting lighting thorough and focused lighting. Thorough program lighting to illuminate the whole space inside modern home, whilst the lamp for illumination a focus to assist easy the activity of cooking favorites.
Along with utilizing the type downlight, usually the supplement of ornamental lights can also enhance the attraction of modern home layout. Using a contemporary kitchen in your house, you just adjust the kind of lamp layout for that. Common within this region, intended minimalist contemporary modern home style. Consequently, the lamps employed are basic versions with minimum lighting or lamp contemporary style that is modern.